Who We Are
Sundre Bike n' Ski Club was founded in 2015 by a group of area residents who enjoy activities in the outdoors and see the potential to utilize the amazing terrain right here in our town!
Our Mission : To improve the quality of life and health of residents by promoting biking and skiing in Sundre. We build, maintain and groom trails for users of all ages and abilities.
We believe in sustainable and multi-use, family oriented trail systems that allow for variability in ability with an eye to safety and usability. We are people who often drive an hour or two to ride or ski the trails in other towns but who would much rather spend our money and time in the community that we live and work in - Sundre. We are upwardly mobile and energetic with fantastic ideas and the fortitude to see those ideas through. We identify with the pioneering and industrious spirit that has made Sundre what it is. We are active in mind and body and keen to stay invigorated!
BECOME A MEMBER
Do you love our trails?!? Do you want to support the club and help us keep them awesome? Do you want discounts at some super local business? Send us an email and we can set you up!
THANK YOU TO OUR PARTNERS:
Tec & Rec Sundre
May - Group Rides on Tuesdays
June - Parade!
July - Bike Day with GNP
Trailblazers Youth race will be back
Benefits of donating to the Sundre Bike n' Ski Club - why is what we do important?
- Wellness - general wellness (physical, mental, emotional, spiritual) takes effort to maintain. Having fun in the outdoors makes it that much easier!
- Community - one of Sundre's outdoor selling points is our multi-use trail system on Snakehill and the river valley. Walkers, runners, bikers, skiers, snowshoe'ers, everbody can get out and enjoy the natural areas of Sundre. Walkers especially benefit from our trail grooming as, when the snow is deep, we pack it to allow people to walk beside eachother as opposed to a single-file trench that inevitably gets tromped in by boots. Walking and being active together is a good thing!
- Covid-19 - in case you haven't noticed, EVERYTHING IS WEIRD!! AND CLOSED!! But what isn't weird and closed is our world outside. No pool? Go slide outside. No spin classes? Go ride outside. Arena shut? Go wander along the river.
- Tourism - people like to ski, bike and walk. They go to Bragg Creek, Canmore, Banff, Jasper, all over really to do these things. What we have in Sundre is quite amazing to have right in a municipality and people come here to enjoy what we have which provides tourism dollars for the town.
- Teaching - our volunteers provide mentorship and instruction to youth and adults alike in this community. Our Bunnyrabbits and Jackrabbits ski club has proven to be a gentle and enjoyable way to introduce youth to skiing and the outdoors. Our Tuesday night bike rides and sporadic bike trips around the province support skill building, community building, and good health.
- Events - the work that our club is doing is paving the way for events to be held in this community. We've had a couple "Come Ride With Us" events and hope to have more!
- Trail stewardship - There are best practices to making safe and enjoyable trails. Our club works with the municipality to nurture a growing and exceptional trail system within the municipality for all to enjoy.
- Partnerships - Building community isn't a passive past time. Our club works hard to make connections and work towards community minded goals with various organizations throughout the community. For example, the Sundre Chamber of Commerce is looking to build a boardwalk and our club is helping with the manpower. Another example: the town of Sundre developed some maps and put up signage with support from our club.
- Volunteerism - We all need purpose and volunteering has been proven to be a way to make sense out of a sometimes senseless existence. Our club is very action oriented and provides various ways to give back to the community and make change while being out and active!
Platinum ($300 plus yearly)
Shell Legacy grant ($15000)
Sundre Home Hardware
Chinook's Edge School Division
Town of Sundre ($6000)
Gold ($50 plus yearly)
Mountains Edge Cycle and Sled
Sundre Rodeo Association
Past Donations for projects and services in kind
Moose and Squirrel Medical Clinic
Sundre Forest Products
Sundre Home Hardware
Our Can Company
W & R Services